Monday, February 23, 2009

RSS Player and podnova.com integration

Over the next few months, I have plans to integrate with many different podcast services on the web. Last week, I told you about castroller.com integration. Well now I am happy to announce that podnova.com, a really handy podcast catcher site, has added import to RSS Player ability.

It's easy to use. Simply go to podnova.com on your computer, setup an account (for free), then import your feeds. Finally open podnova on your iPhone or iPod touch and click the import to RSS Player button on podnova.com subscriptions page. RSS Player will open and start importing all your feeds. I use this method as a backup of my subscription list.

4 comments:

  1. Is there a special URL for RSS Player to import OPML?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you simply point to an opml page using the rssplayer:// schema.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Podnova is very slow to update. One of the podcasts, according to podnova, hasn't updated since July last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave, that might be so but I only use podnova.com to keep a backup of my podcast list and import to RSS Player and then the iphone app refreshes so it's not a big deal.

    ReplyDelete