Wednesday, May 6, 2009

RSS Player 1.4 Available Now

It's been about 1 week since we had to take out RSS Player from the App Store because of a start up bug that prevented new users from using the app. Today, the app went back on sale. We are offering the app at a sale price of $0.99 cents so if you still don;t have RSS Player, go get it.

RSS Player 1.4 brings several improvements including some nifty interface updates.

We also added a suggest podcast feature to the search. This is going to make discovering new feeds really easy. If you are a podcast owner and you want a spot on the list, please email us. All we ask is you mention us on your show. That seems fair, right?

You can get RSS Player from the app store right now.

I also have free codes so if you want to review the app, please email me and i'll send you a free code.

7 comments:

  1. Feature request: Give us the option to disable the iphone's auto-lock while a podcast is playing. I use RSSPlayer in the car all the time, and it's irritating that even though it's plugged in to a charger, I have to unlock the screen to pause or do anything (especially since I use the passcode lock--hard to unlock while driving!). Maybe make it so that the screen will always stay on (but dim) as long as the iphone is plugged into a power source.

    Love the app... keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's being done to improve the app's stability? It crashes on me at least twice a day, when resuming podcasts, loading the next podcast after one finishes, when checking feeds and when I try to start downloads. It's infuriating.

    I'd rather see these stability issues sorted in the next release than more features. Don't get me wrong, 1.4 is a big improvement from 1.2 but it's still very buggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feature request: If you could include reading news while listening to podcasts inside RSS Player, that would be awesome!

    Thanks for the great app!

    ReplyDelete
  4. v1.4 has ruined this app for me. RSS Player doesn't stay open for more than 10 seconds before crashing, and it happens 100% of the time. Is there any way I can roll back to the previous version? I don't care about the improvements from 1.2 to 1.4 as much as I care about the app working!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous poster at May 29: 1:58 PM: Why not contact me diretly so I can help you with the issue. Not one else is reporting chronic crashing. Let's work it out. Must be a bogus feed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use to love this app becaouse I listen to podcast all the time im in mi car but since 1.4 I'm having issues with any podcast from Stuff You Should Know site and those are my favorite!!!!! every time I try to listen one of them out of the air it just skip to the next podcast in the list and keeps doing that. Only solution is to download the podcas. An also now this ver crashes way too often, enough to keep me worried about it. Other that that I really love this app but ver 1.4 really dipointed me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to be able to have an option that sets the possibility to auto resume the last listened podcast on startup.

    ReplyDelete